Friday, March 4, 2011

Some Superbly Written Sentences

Here are some excellent sentences from our last round of expository writing pieces!  These sentences were selected for humor, good word choice, clearly stated arguments and more.

"Last, it gives you exercise like HULK!  It also helps you not to be weak.  Also you grow more!" - Anonymous

"Just dance can warm you up because all it takes is some moves!  You can do it for a birthday party.  You can give it as a gift." - Willow

"When I play soccer I feel a gentle breeze blowing in my hair.  I feel like running to the other end of the field and getting the ball before the other team scores!" - Lauren

"Football in the snow is fantastic because it is fun, it feels like you're a maintenance crew, and I have great memories!" - Ethan

"I think soccer is fun because it's exciting, the wind blows in your face when you are hot and you can kick the ball as far as you want!" - Fiona

"No, wrong note."  "Ahh, yes!"  "Oh my, hi."  What am I playing you ask?  I am playing the piano.  Have you?  - Anonymous

"I like playing the kinect for fun, there are fun games, you get to customize the characters and you get to exercise!" - Baylee

"I like to play wizard 101.  Do you?  Well, I do because you can do a lot, battle a lot of things, and use spells." - Alex

"It's exciting!  There's cheerleaders (my personal favorite).  Oops it's boy stuff you would not understand.  And you can hear the crowd cheer.  It's so cool!" - Abe

"Getting there in the morning is fun.  The musky smell fills the air as I lead Spirit, a horse our of her paddock.  Then I run my fingers through her hair and tell her I'm so glad to see her!" - Mia

"Some scary movies even give you goosebumps.  This movie already gave me a plethora of goosebumps.  Watching movies can also be hilarious!" - Ryan 

No comments:

Post a Comment